Sunday, September 30, 2018

The Time? 1966. The Place? Arizona. The Event? Slide Show

My posts have been few and far between around here lately, so I'm going to continue to triple up on my offerings, this week with three completely unrelated items, and a minimum of commentary.

First up, another tape for those of you who have asked for more slide shows. In this case, it's a woman documenting a trip to Arizona in 1966, for 35 minutes. Makes you want to go back in time and visit the state yourself, doesn't it?

Download: Unknown - Arizona Travelogue Slide Show, 1966
Play:

 ~~

Then I have this oddity, which is admittedly fairly hard to listen to. It is a short tape, and badly recorded, featuring some sort of comedic dialogue. It involves someone portraying a shrill old woman named Muriel, and a man with a dumb-guy voice. Perhaps you can make out more of this than I can - I have the feeling if someone takes the time to decipher this, it might be worthwhile, although you should also know, in advance, that it's incomplete, stopping mid-sentence after just over 2 1/2 minutes. .

Download: Unknown - Comedic Dialogue
Play:

~~

Finally, I wanted to make sure you knew that there's still time to go to to RIVERFEST, '97!!!

Download: Riverfest, '97
Play:

Personally, I cannot wait to see Uncle Knucklefunk.

3 comments:

  1. Uncle Knucklefunk? He's my Favorite!
    I'm going out to gas up the car right now. Riverfest, here we come!
    Thanks for the heads up, Bob :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't sound like he's saying knucklefunk to me.

    That combined with the delivery for the first band and the way he says Sponge makes for a very giggly reel for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoying getting caught up on the blog!

    The second tape sounds like a (very?) amateur performance of "I'm Herbert" by Robert Anderson.

    https://www.dramatists.com/cgi-bin/db/single.asp?key=1872

    And...GO KNUCKLEFUNK!

    ReplyDelete